The Unknown
I hate not knowing things....that's just part of my nature, maybe that's why I'm such a "know it all". I always have to know what's going on about who, and where....well you know how the rest goes. Anyhoo, so I went to the doctors to get a confirmation on this "baby in the belly" thing. The people were really nice and seemed to be a bit more on the personal level, made me feel kinda good. So, I explained the situation with the home pregnancy test, and that I was there to confirm the whole thing. After a short "interview" so to speak, the nurse goes to get the test ready. Finally, I'll know for sure, and I can stop worrying. Yeah right! The nurse comes in the room with the same test I took at home.....what the hay? (I really have to stop saying that). I thought I was going to get a blood test, isn't that what most doctors do?
I did not take time out of work, to go to the doctors and take that same darn test I took at home! GRRRRRRR! I was a bit irritated. Anyhow, I did the whole peeing in the cup, but this time I was given the pleasure of watching the nurse dip the stick in my pee (that was kinda weird). We waited, she tried talking to me about where I was from, what I do, etc.....the whole time I'm looking at the test and listening to the timer tick and tock itself away. DING! ok now time to look......Not Pregnant. What? C'mon now.....Am I or Am I Not pregnant? I have sensitive boobies, and well, that's about it, heh.
So the nurse says, lets do another one just to be on the safe side. Huh? Can I even pee again? So she gives me more water, and more water, and even more water. Nothing. The nurse then suggested several possiblities. First, it's still abit early to tell, because if I was pregnant, I'd only be 4 weeks or so. Second, it's better to take the test in the morning when I first have to pee.
So after all that, I'm still in the "unknown". I have to go back tomorrow morning, bright and early to give them a sample of my first urine of the day. I don't know why they don't just do a blood test to determine whether I am or am not pregnant. I'll fill you guys in tomorrow!

7 Comments:
your boobs hurt, huh? that's one of the symptoms. are you INCREDIBLY FREAKING TIRED? that's another one. heh.
well, good luck... the whole thing is scary!
if you are preggers you have to name it Larry...Or Johnnie 5.2
ooh. and if it's a girl, name it julia grace. :P
hehehe.
you can't name a girl larry. jeezus, lar. do you wanna give the poor thing a complex?
aww!! that's cute.. i'm telling everyone to name there little girls julia grace.. :P and just to change it up a little.. grace julia..
dude, your body is playing tricks on you.. can't wait to hear the results!!
I'm sure you can still keep your Honda job even if you're pregnant, you might just have to stay in the home office until after the baby's born. I hope the results are what you want. :)
huh. i didn't know they did a urine test at the doctor's.
hope you get the results you want tomorrow!
SO????? what's the verdict?
Post a Comment
<< Home